A Filipino Young Persons Perspective from Youth Conference ’19.
The first Daughters of Zion in Philippines on Fruits of the spirit.
A First hand review of the Philippines School of the Prophets camp in 2019
We pleased to hear of another six sister who were baptised into the Kalilangan Ecclesia in the southern Philippines last week. Welcome to sisters, Arlon, Jovy, Amy, Michelle, Esperanza and Jay.
In these challenging times when ecclesias in many places are finding it difficult to meet together it is encouraging to see the gospel message is still going out. Last weekend the Kalilangan Ecclesia in the Philippines baptised four new sisters – Jean, Desiree, Jessa and Catherine.
“The usual fellowship we have is not possible in the current climate. Many things around us have changed, but our need for God’s word remains the same.”
We currently have 36 brothers and sisters throughout Malaysia. Most of these members have come as a direct result of the preaching effort of Brother Kahfook and Sister Tina Tham and their family, over a period of 20 years. With the COVID-19 restrictions we are currently continuing with our preaching effort, using a Bible seminar…
The brothers and sisters in the Mayantok Ecclesia in the central Philippines mostly work as construction labourers in other parts of the country.
Sadly many of them are unable to work at the present time and one brother had to walk over 100km to get home.
They have been using their time at home to spend time reading and sharing with others in the village.
Our brothers and sisters in Thailand and Myanmar have certainly been impacted, enduring the same fears and uncertainty and the same drastic, government antiviral measures as many others on this febrile planet of ours.
In Chiang Mai, the Bible Education Centre was vacated in the middle of March as fieldworkers made a premature return to Australia.
COVID19 has raised challenges for our Brethren and Sisters.
- Tighter restrictions are in place than in Aus/NZ making it hard for Ecclesia to gain encouragement by meeting.
- Many either lack the technology or good internet connection which has allowed Aus/NZ Ecclesias to continue to communicate under restrictions
- Many members haven’t been able to work and therefore had no pay to support their families.
- Sunday School prizegivings would normally held around this time, and cannot be run.
- End of years Family Fraternals (Bible Schools), which is held in Dec. and alternated with the youth conference will be challenging.